Rebeling the Monday Blues




It's Monday guys, which means it's time to kiss goodbye to the weekend and suck it up. No but seriously, Monday's can put a damper to even the most boring weekends we wish would never end. It's back to routine and regiments. Scrambling in the morning because we slept in a little later than we should have and need to make it out the door on time. It's okay, been there, done that, so here are a few tips I like to do to float out of my Monday Blues.


Backpack: Urban Outfitters
Similar: Amazon
Shirt: Forever21
Similar: Etsy
Cardigan: Nasty Gal
Similar: ChicWish
Pants: Zara
Similar: Forever21
I'm not much of a graphic tee girl but when I came across this muscle tank at Forever21 I knew I had to have it. There was something about it that really stood out and I instantly thought of three different outfits I could pair with it. Not to mention it had the one and only, Elvis Presley, posing like the badass he is, I've gotten quiet a few compliments with this on so I'm pleased with my purchase. I always find that one of the best ways to decided on whether an item is worth the buy or not, depends on how many outfits you can think of on the spot. If nothing really comes to mind chances are it's one of those pieces you can only wear once and then it falls to the back of your closet. 


Lets kick off into the outfit shall we, no better way to play into the sporty trend then pairing a muscle tee with a sports bra, also from Forever21, your favorite black skinnies, and a light cardigan for those unexpected chilly days or AC blasted work rooms. My nike sneakers are literally the epiphany of walking on clouds because I've not once regretted buying them and I definitely think they are worth the splurge. Plus, check out how cute they make an outfit. 

My staple pieces were hands down my sunglasses, watch, and yes even my sneakers because they really play into that casual sporty look. The red from my sunglasses brought the perfect amount of color and are a real eye catcher (pun intended). It's always pretty sunny on campus so I keep spare sunglasses in my bag almost all the time. Speaking of bags, I bought my backpack a while back in high school and as hesitant as I was I'm glad I did. It's not the best bag to carry a crazy amount of things but it's functional and so incredibly fashionable. I feel like my backpack alone takes the outfit one notch up from sporty to classy. And I didn't even need to lift a finger.





Sneakers: Nike Roshe Run

Watch: Marc Jacobs
Similar: Forever21

Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
Similar: Walmart




As for hair and makeup, again I kept it pretty simple with a sleeked back pony tail, eyebrows on fleek, and the slightest bronzer to my cheeks. All in all this has to be a go to look for me because it's so effortless yet seemingly "put together." 

Monday's can be quiet the downside to the week but on the upside when the day is done we're one day closer to the weekend again. So chug down that coffee, flick on that mascara, and walk out your door ready to conquer your Monday Blues. I hope this post was enjoyable and you scroll on over to check out the rest of my week with Monochromatic outfits. Maybe even leave a comment on your favorite outfit! And now, enjoy a photo of me awkwardly running up hill on campus. 
(Not the greatest backpack, but again, so cute)



Comments

Popular Posts