Fireworks and Flowy Skirts



Saturday we headed out to LIC to watch the Macy's Fourth of July fireworks. It was a very casual day so I wanted to wear something that incorporated the three colors but wasn't blatantly in your face. Because we'd be sitting (and waiting) for a while I also wanted to make sure I was comfortable in what I wore. This maxi skirt is the perfect fun yet flirty way to dress up a casual outfit. It's more of a deep/dull red, which I liked a lot more, than that aggressively bold red. Partially why this was one of my favorite outfits is because it subtly represented the three colors we all fumbled to figure out how to combine into our outfits without actually being exactly the same as those colors. I think that's a big part of creating an outfit, there's always way's to think outside the box.

I tucked in my black and white striped shirt and tied my washed out denim shirt around my waist and I was set. The ruffles on the arm sleeve of my top really helped with that sweetheart look and I was swooning on how well this outfit came together. We didn't get a picture of the back of the shirt but it has this lovely crotchet design by the top that really set it apart from your average shirt. Because this is a bit of a casual outfit for me I thought I'd dress it up a little more with this awesome ear cuff (curtesy of my mom) and my trusty gold watch. Last but certainly not least, my gold sliders that I've been living in since I've bought them all of two weeks ago. Since the accessories were all gold I thought the sliders were the perfect fit. I know sliders aren't everyones forte so if you wanted to switch them out for a different pair of flats, that'd work too! 



Top Shirt: Forever21
Similar: Forever21
Denim Shirt: Urban Outfitters
Similar: H&M
Skirt: Urban Outfitters
Similar: SheIn
Sliders: Forever21

Ear-cuff: Boutique
Similar: Forever21
Watch: Marc By Marc Jacobs
Similar: Forever21
As for hair and makeup I decided to do some loose bottom curls to really give that romantic feel. I left my eyeshadow pretty natural but made sure to pack on that mascara, and of course eyebrows have to be perfectly shaped. I used an Elf matte lipstick to achieve that peachy natural pink lip and that was it! This was probably my favorite outfit out of the three because it was so effortless and glowing, the perfect summer combination. Let me know in the comments which one you enjoyed and be sure to check out the others!


Comments

Popular Posts