Work Your Stripes


It was a pure coincidence, I promise you, that I had these two brilliant items in my closet. If you're looking for an outfit that screams patriotism, than look no further. The red and white striped top gives the ultimate American Flag vibe while being light and airy, perfect for those hot summer days. Because this was an outfit I put together for work I chose to pair it with this royal blue blazer for a more work appropriate look. Blazers not only give off that tidy look but they also add a significant amount of class to whatever you pair them with, which doesn't mean they go with everything it just means they can bring your outfits from not to shabby to just what you needed. If your not too fond of the blazer, a more relaxed way to go would be a nice bold cardigan. I'm a huge fan of layering, as you guys already know, so the blazer was a must for me. Plus riding the NYC trains you always have to be prepared to be on some freezing carts. 

I was debating white pants but I chose black instead because they grounded the outfit, where as white might have put it over the top (not in a good way). With outfits like these theres always the possibility of getting carried away, and trust me it ain't pretty. I ended the outfit with my favorite white flats that make my feet look uber tan and give a nice contrast away from the black pants. Last but not least I chose to keep my every day accessory on, aka my name tag, and added my chunky gold watch. And thats it! The main focus to my outfit was really the stripes and my blazer so I didn't want to distract with a ton of accessories. Sometimes the simplest things are the best things.    







Blazer: H&M
Similar: Akira
Shirt: Forever21
Similar: Forever21
Pants: Zara
Similar: Forever21
Shoes: Thrifted
Similar: Forever21
Watch: Marc By Marc Jacobs
Similar: Forever21



We were able to shoot in front of this low-key hotel with the swankiest bench I've ever seen (so in love, want one for myself). If you enjoyed this post be sure to check out my other two part of this fourth of July weekend series and maybe even leave a comment on your favorite outfit!

Comments

Popular Posts